ImagineMD is seeking a medical assistant to join our growing practice in the suburbs of Chicago. Our medical assistants provide a wide variety of clinical care and customer service to patients under the direct supervision of the physician(s) in the practice for clinical matters and under the direct supervision of the Chief Operating Officer for administrative matters.
ImagineMD is a rapidly growing, innovative, direct primary care healthcare company that provides higher quality health and wellness care to patients to improve outcomes, manage medical costs, and deliver an unmatched customer experience for individuals and for employers who choose to incorporate direct primary care into their employer sponsored health plan.
- Medical assistant certification or registration
- Ability to draw blood
- Current CPR certification
- Minimum of 2 years in a medical assistant role
- Computer skills including:
- Microsoft Office or Google Documents
- Ability to enter patient information into an electronic medical record
- Ability to learn all software required for job duties
- Able to articulate ImagineMD’s values
- Excellent interpersonal skills with exceptional listening ability
- Compassionate, kind, and open-minded
- Greets and rooms all patients
- Performs vital signs and specimen collection (includes blood, urine, vaginal specimens, and stool)
- Schedules specialty appointments, x-rays, and procedures
- Administers medications orally, intradermally, subcutaneously, and intramuscularly
- Provides case management by serving as a resource and contact person for patients referred to other providers and/or ancillary services
- Obtains medical records and scans them into the EMR per protocols
- Responds to and documents patient requests for prescription refills and referrals in accordance with established protocols
- Participates in daily morning clinical care meeting with supervising physician to review and discuss patient care
- Orders and restocks exam rooms with medical supplies
- Ensures exam rooms are clean, safe, and ready for patient visits
- Conducts routine quality control checks
- Performs waived lab testing
- Applies or assists with the application of durable medical equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Generous benefits package includes:
- Company–paid health care
- 401K package after 6 months of employment
- Ten (10) days of paid time off in the first year
- Awesome people to work with and for!
Since 2016, ImagineMD has served individuals and employers in its Chicago, West Loop location. ImagineMD is attracting and cultivating team members who embody ImagineMD’s values and are passionate about its mission to rebuild healthcare into what it should be. Our mission at ImagineMD is to fix primary care and in so doing fix a large part of what’s wrong with the U.S. healthcare system.
Please fill out the form below and then email Dr. Alex Lickerman at [email protected] with: 1) your resume, and 2) a paragraph of no more than 250 words explaining why you are a good fit for the position.