HEALTHCARE IS BROKEN. HERE’S HOW WE FIX IT.
When healthcare is your second or third largest expense after payroll, you’re running a healthcare business whether you know it or not. Direct primary care simplifies the delivery of healthcare, lowers healthcare expenses, and creates transparency and predictability around the cost of primary care. It should be the foundation of any robust benefit plan.
Dave Chase, one of America’s foremost healthcare cost thought leaders, wrote in his book, CEO’s Guide to Restoring the American Dream:
- Wasteful health care spending consumes 79% of household income growth, leaving just 21% for everything else.
- Musculoskeletal disorders consume 4.0 – 4.5% of the entire US GDP. We perform double the musculoskeletal treatments of other industrialized countries yet get no better outcomes. This means 2% of our entire economy is wasteful.
- Illness or medical bills contributed to 62% of all bankruptcies in 2007.
- Despite what you’ve heard, unit prices of healthcare costs are flat in most of healthcare. So why have costs gone up so precipitously?
- More than 210,000 people die each year from preventable medical errors in hospitals and other health care settings.
Direct primary care reduces the need for expensive specialty care while providing better health outcomes for your employees, maintaining their productivity, and saving you money.